In the context of ZIP files, unzipping means extracting the files from a compressed folder. Unzipping files on an Android tablet or smartphone used to require a special third-party app, but it can now be done with the official Files by Google app.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install Files by Google.
- Open Files by Google and locate the ZIP file you want to unzip. If you downloaded the ZIP file from a website, it may be in the Downloads folder.
- Tap the file you want to unzip. The list of files in the compressed ZIP folder appears.
- Tap Extract to unzip the file. After the files are extracted, a list of the unzipped files displays.
- Tap Done.
- All of the extracted files are copied to the same location as the original ZIP file.
- What Are ZIP Files Used For?
Files that use the .zip extension ar
e referred to as ZIP files. ZIP (pronounced like the word “zip”) files compress and bundle many files together to make it easier to send, upload, and download a group of files. ZIP files are used on websites to help visitors download a large number of documents or media at once without having to manually download each file individually
If you’re still finding it difficult to unzip/extract the Album File, Please drop your question/complaint as a comment below: